Relationship between Change Management and the Implementation of the Human Resource Information System in Isiolo County Government, Kenya
Dida, Hadija Halake
MetadataShow full item record
Purpose: To establish the relationship between change management and the implementation of the human resource information system in Isiolo County Government, Kenya. Methodology: This study was conducted in Isiolo County. Descriptive research design was used by the study to collect a total of 654 Employees of the county government of Isiolo who were the target population. The study employed stratified random sampling to select 30% of the employees in each stratum to obtain a sample of 196 employees of the county government. Data was collected using questionnaires. Data was then analyzed through SPSS version 23. The overall results were presented through inferential statistics such as regression, correlation and descriptive statistics frequencies and percentages. The data was presented using tables. Results: The study found out that there is a relationship between change management and the implementation of the human resource information system in Isiolo County Government, Kenya. Change management had an R value of 0.791 and R square value of 0.627. This indicated that change management influenced 63% on implementation of HRIS. The other 37% remaining were determined by other factors. This indicated that change management was part of a key ingredient towards implementation of HRIS. It was found that change management had a relationship with implementation of HRIS. Unique contribution to theory, policy and practice: The study concluded that even though change management was necessary to effectively implement HRIS some employees did not feel the need for change management. This was because the employees felt that they were okay with the current system and norms. The leadership did not articulately involve them in the vision attainment hence the main reason of employees not seeing the bigger picture. Therefore, the management should be more open minded and communicate frequently with the staff on where exactly the county was headed and what was needed to attain its vision and goals. Once the employees understand and internalize these things, it would motivate them to put effort so as to be part of realizing the vision.
Human Resource and Leadership Journal